Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Monday, January 30, 2012

First A Nancy Boy, Now A Cisse.


Today the R's announced yet another signing of the transfer window, this time its a striker, Djibril Cisse.

Photobucket

Cisse joins the R's for a fee believed to be in the £4 million bracket and has signed a two and a half year deal with the club.

The striker, 30, comes in with a wealth of experience and has Premiership experience. Cisse has had two spells in England, firstly with Liverpool. He made 49 appearances and scored 13 goals in his two seasons in Liverpool and suffered a double leg break during a game against Blackburn.
Cisse then returned to England for a season long loan with Sunderland. He made 35 appearances for the Black Cats, scoring 10 goals for them in the process.

Cisse had a successful two year spell in Greece playing for Panathinaikos. He played 61 times for the Greek giants and scored 47 times for them.
This secured a £4.7 million move to Lazio in the summer of 2011. He has made 17 appearances and only scored one goal so far this season.


Cisse told the Official QPR Website :-

'QPR have a hugely ambitious project. When I talked to the Manager, he spoke highly of the Club and where he wants to take it over the next few years. He wanted to sign me at Manchester City and now I am finally here with him at QPR.

He wants to achieve big things here - that was all I needed to hear from him. I have unfinished business here in England.

The English league is the best in the world. It is the league that suits me the most. I'm really happy to be here and I can't wait to repay the Club's confidence in me, to get back to where I want to be as a player.

I will always give one hundred per-cent and I can't wait to start playing games.'



Mark Hughes added, also via the Official QPR Website :-

I rate Djibril very, very highly. I've watched him for many years and always been impressed by what he brings to the table. He's a huge threat to opposition's defences. He's got great pace, power and movement and that's something we will hopefully benefit from.

His goal record is there for everyone to see. He's scored goals wherever he's played. His record speaks for itself.

He was desperate to come here once we showed our interest in him and we can't wait to get the best out of him.'


Cisse will wear the number 23 shirt for the R's.

Welcome to QPR Djibril, we wish you all the success during your time here.

U R'SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home