Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Saturday, March 27, 2010

Priskin in Goal Scoring Shock...


Preston 2-2 QPR

Rangers fought back from two goals down to claim what was a much deserved point against Preston North End, with Peter Ramage and Tamas Priskin, yes, Priskin, scoring the R's goals.



Well, firstly, a big THANK YOU to Lee for his somewhat generous welcome back for myself and the thanks continue to Lee for doing a fantastic job with the site this season, I'm sure you all agree!

Sadly, for various reason's spanning from work - illness - finances, there was no Lofty Heights presence at Deepdale this afternoon, which is unusual as it can often lead to a short hop over to Blackpool for weekend's entertainment. Personally, a bout of gastric flu kept myself from making the long ol poke up North and I had sofa shopping with my family to fill the football gap. That's about as far as I went as I was unable to catch even the commentary. However, on return to my car, I just caught the score and the R's were 2-0 down through Jones and Davidson and at the point, I ashamedly admit that I had given up and switched off the radio. Had I had waited a few more seconds, I would have heard that Peter Ramage had pulled one back for the R's after being put clear by Adel Taarabt.

On my return home, I was delighted to see that the R's had grabbed a point but was somewhat surprised to see that Priskin had scored the all important equaliser. Adel Taarabt again the supplier, feeding Priskin who cooly slotted home on 66 minutes. According to the BBC Sport website, 'Taarabt had turned in a scintillating display, inspiring QPR to come from two goals down and earn a point.'




In summary, well, without being there , it's difficult to comment, but personally, I am more than happy with a good away point, especially coming from 2 goals down, which shows just how resilient the R's are becoming under Neil Warnock. Normal service will be resumed next week at the Sheff Weds home game, but unfortunately, it will be my ramblings yet again... it's good to be back!! ;)

Preston North End: Lonergan, Davidson, Chaplow, Carter (Sedgwick 60), St Ledger, Jones, James, Ward, Wallace, Parkin (Brown 72), Mellor.

Subs:
Henderson, Hart, Mawene, Chilvers, Barton.

Goals: Jones (37), Davidson (56)

Bookings: Carter, Chaplow, St Ledger, Mellor

QPR:
Ikeme, Ramage, Stewart, Leigertwood, Gorkss, Faurlin, Hill, Ephraim, German (Vine 46), Priskin, Taarabt (Buzsaky 90).

Subs: Cerny, Cook, Balanta, Tosic, Oastler.

Goals: Ramage (57), Priskin (66)

Bookings: Hill, Taarabt

Referee: Mr A Haines

Attendance: 12, 080

1 Comments:

  • At 1:51 pm, Anonymous Sadiyah said…

    Hi! I was just wondering whether the image of Adel Taarabt used was yours? And whether there would be any copy right issues, if I was to use it in a design.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home