Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Friday, August 01, 2008

Welcome Home Cookie!!!!


QPR have today signed former winger, Lee Cook on a season long loan from Fulham, with a view to a permanent transfer.



Rangers were forced to sell Cook a year ago due to the financial position at the Club, but have been trying to get him back ever since - this despite the continued obstacles put in the way by Fulham. It must never be forgotten that Cook donated his signing on fee to help QPR's once precarious position.



Cook told the QPR Official Website;


“I’m absolutely delighted to be back. Once it became clear I could leave Fulham there was only one club I wanted to move to. I had a great rapport with the supporters here in my previous spells and I’m looking forward to playing in front of the Loftus Road faithful again.

I’ve spoken to a few of the lads recently and there’s a great belief that we can achieve something this season. The gaffer has made some astute signings over the summer and as a QPR player and a QPR fan I’m absolutely buzzing ahead of the new season"


WELCOME HOME COOKIE!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger Bob said…

    I ran home and put on my Hoops shirt as soon as I saw this on the BBC and we are going out soon. I'm absolutely ecstatic that the team made this happen and I think it shows that they are doing a lot of things with the fans in mind.

    This is a fantastic day and I hope Lee is all fired up to put last year behind him and help the Rs up!

    C is for Cookie and that's good enough for me!

     
  • At 9:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news and with the press a Rangers on monday who else is coming!!!

    It look's like things are getting better

    You RRRrrrsss

    Corp

     
  • At 9:37 am, Blogger LOFTY said…

    Daniel Parejo from Real Madrid mate, you sure you wanna go on holiday?? ;o)

     
  • At 7:10 pm, Blogger Globus said…

    come on you r's - and welcome back cookie, our best result all year :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home