Lofty Heights... 'Ohhh Bobby Zamooooora!!!'

A look at Queens Park Rangers F.C. through the eyes of the fans - follow us on twitter @loftyheights70, @LoftyQPR and @qprleeroy








Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Gutted...


Luton 1-0 QPR

The title of this post tonight says it all, as Rangers went out of the FA Cup, yet again, at the third round stage at a bitterly cold Kenilworth Road.

I have to be honest, that over the past few days, I was in two minds about this game and in our present state, did Rangers really need this? But as the day wore on, I was becoming more and more positive and dare I say, looking forward to a game with Blackburn... sadly, it was not to be and the Annual QPR FA Cup Saturday off goes ahead as planned this coming Saturday.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

However, as I sit here thawing out and writing this report, I am still finding it hard to believe that we have lost. Rangers simply dominated the game and how this wasn't won by half time I will never know. We created chance after chance and as much as I don't like singling out players for criticism, Marc Nygaard must be held responsible for missing two absolute sitters in the first half.

Onto the second half and cue Nygaard to miss another sitter - blasting wide when it was easier to score. But the game changed on 72 minutes when Stefan Bailey received a straight red card for a two footed tackle on Brkovic. Even then, Rangers still looked the more likely but on 80 minutes, disaster! Morgan volleyed across the box and the unfortunate Rehmann scuffed the ball into his own net. With respect, an own goal was the only way Luton were going to score tonight.

QPR: Royce, Milanese, Rehman, Lomas, Cook, Bailey, Stewart, Nygaard (Jones 71), Blackstock, Smith (Ainsworth 83), Mancienne. Subs: Cole, Kanyuka, Furlong.

Lofty's Man of the Match - Lee Cook - outstanding!

Well with the first replay postponed, it was a longer cup run than normal, but it was so disappointing to go out at this stage yet again. But unlike recent weeks, there are so many positives to take from tonight. The earlier than expected return of Gaz Ainsworth from the bench was a welcome sight. Also, there was little wrong with the performance and I truly believe that if Ray Jones or Paul Furlong would have started instead of Nygaard, it surely would have been a different result! We simply dominated and I truly believe that if we can continue to play like this, our luck will change and we will NOT go down!

©LOFTY

7 Comments:

  • At 1:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Lofty. I wanted the Rs to win this one, but like you said, time to look for the silver lining. Maybe some time off is what the guys need to get regrouped for the big push ahead.

    I LOVED Nygaard last season and thought his health would be key to the Rs this year. I don't know what I was smoking but I throw it out there as a reason to never trust my predictions!

    I feel bad for Rehmann, he has been a whipping boy all season and a lot of people are going to castigate him for this.

    Cheers,

    Bobo

     
  • At 3:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I live in Canada so i cant go to the games. I found out today if QPR had of won the blackburn match was on TV in Canada! So Gutted :(

     
  • At 7:36 am, Blogger LOFTY said…

    cheers bobo - oh don't get me wrong, I wanted Rangers to win!

    I won't say any more about Nygaard, but Rehmann, it was a real shame because he had a decent game last night!

    Rangers in Canada - thanks for the comment, thanks for reading! I am gutted because not gaining the TV revenue has more than likely stopped the finance of some new players arriving at LR this week :-(

     
  • At 8:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done Lofty
    Great report makes it a bit better when you say we played better,
    Missed chance are ok it means we are making them, Nygaard has just come back from injury I think that’s how he got to play and not Jones . JG must be looking long term getting all his players back and fit that’s why I thinks Gaz only came on for short spell, yes we know it’s the cup and we want to win every game but Blackburn on TV (money) that’s all was only good thing about it oh and your man from Canada watching a game.
    JG now must build on team performance his next few games must be win’s other wise it going to be long cold end of season.

    Corp

     
  • At 4:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sack gregory and get rid of the italian tosser is the only way ahead! i still cant get over gallen been allowed to go and yet furlong is still here!!! is thete no stopping the madness of this chairman and his croney.be certain we are going down lets face it now.

     
  • At 5:50 pm, Blogger LOFTY said…

    Cheers Corp

    I hear you, but I have lost patience with Nygaard.

    We have to forget this now and concentrate on staying up, and I truly believe we can if we can perform like last night!

    Good news about Gaz... he wasnt on for long, but got 2 crunching tackles, with no ill effect - rock and roll!! \m/

     
  • At 5:57 pm, Blogger LOFTY said…

    bhamqpr - thanks for you comment

    You are entitled to you opinion but let's face it, what are you on about?

    What benefit would it be in sacking Gregory - and if so, who would be your choice to come in?

    Also, you want Paladini out too, and only he at present could sack Gregory, so I am not sure where you are coming from?

    I think JG is the best man for the job and he is doing his best with what he has available. I know things are tough, but let's forget about the behind the scenes stuff and get behind the team.

    JG had to reduce the wage bill and he has done and I am sure there is more to come. I could pick a couple out hahahaha ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home